About Inner South East Post Acute Care (ISEPAC)
With ISEPAC, you can make the transition home easier and reduce the risk of returning to hospital.
Post acute care offers a variety of services, including:
- House cleaning assistance
- Dressing and showering support
- Taking you shopping or doing your shopping for you
All referrers are encouraged to phone and discuss your referral.
Please call 9066 1400.
What to expect
Before you leave the hospital, the staff will discuss your support needs with you and if appropriate, refer you to ISEPAC.
A member of the ISEPAC team will then contact you to discuss your goals and support needs. The ISEPAC staff member will set up the services once you have agreed on a plan.
After the services are in place, the ISEPAC team will contact you regularly to check on your progress and ensure that everything is going well. If necessary, Inner South East Post Acute Care will work with other community agencies to provide you with longer-term support.
Why choose BHN?
As part of BHN’s ISEPAC, we are committed to:
- Responding quickly to your goals and meeting your home support needs
- Choosing support workers who meet your needs and who you are comfortable with
- Getting your feedback on our services and support
- As needed, arranging other long-term support
Accessing Inner South East Post Acute Care
ISEPAC is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Have been discharged in the last 28 days from a Public Hospital or Public Emergency Department
- Be a resident of Port Phillip, Glen Eira, Stonnington or Bayside City Councils. In addition, we cover some parts of Melbourne City and Southbank
- A new support need has arisen after a hospitalisation, e.g. following surgery
- Can’t get to a community centre and need support at home
Please note: If another program was providing support before your hospital admission, these services are expected to recommence when you leave the hospital.
Service operating hours
Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm, the ISEPAC team is available by phone.
If needed, some services such as nursing are available on weekends.
A time will be arranged with you for the support services to be provided in your home.
This service is fully funded.