Mobile Health Outreach Service (MHOS)
Qualified and experienced harm reduction outreach workers deliver the MHOS program.
We provide FREE, confidential after-hours services for people who inject drugs through the Mobile Health Outreach Service (MHOS). In Port Phillip, Stonnington, Bayside, Kingston and Glen Eira, our outreach workers provide injection equipment and safer using education Monday to Saturday, 7pm-11pm.
- Equipment for injecting
- Disposal of needle syringes
- Lube and condoms
- Naloxone and overdose response training
- Bloodborne virus education, vein care and information for injecting different kinds of drugs
- Knowledge and health risks associated with different kinds of drugs, such as performance-enhancing drugs, new psychoactive substances, etc.
- Providing referrals to other services
- Information and support
MHOS can provide new injecting equipment to people who need it. Arrangements will be made for the worker to meet the individual with the equipment at a designated safe place or another health setting.
Those who inject drugs or other substances in the Southern Bayside area of Melbourne can use this service.
Please contact MHOS by calling 0419 204 811 between 7pm – 11pm, Monday through Saturday.