About Youth Services
Youth nurses and social workers provide the following services:
- Community-based clinical health assessment and care e.g. schools, youth housing services, home
- Support and casework in the short to medium term
- Activities and education aimed at promoting health
- Advocacy for access to primary and social health services
- Secondary consults to external agencies
The BHN youth-focused program is flexible and enables youths to access the information, support or services that they need to enhance their health and well-being through clinic or outreach appointments.
Accessing Youth Services
Young people who are eligible for this service include:
- Those at risk of homelessness or currently homeless
- People aged 12-25 years old
- Those who live, work or frequently visit the City of Stonnington, City or Port Phillip and City Of Glen Eira.
All services are free of charge.