With a variety of activities on offer each week, our Social Support Groups provide a supportive environment for connecting with others.
We also provide caregivers with some much-needed respite from their caring duties through our services. There is the option of attending a single group or a number of groups.
Please feel free to share your story, interests and goals with us so that we can select a group that will engage and bring you joy. Our program could also be enhanced with your suggestions for new activities.
- Daily outing programs
- Personal training, strength training, and warm water exercise are some of the wellness activities available
- Turkish, Chinese, Italian, and Cook Islander cultural programs that celebrate your heritage
- Movie screenings
- Tours that last all day
- Group walks
- Lunch and coffee activities
- People with memory loss and/or cognitive changes (such as dementia, intellectual disability, and acquired brain injury) can access programs tailored to their needs
The groups meet on Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays) at a range of BHN locations.
- Individuals aged 65 and over (50 or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) who qualify for Community Home Support Program (CHSP) funding.
- Individuals under 65 years old (or under 50 years old for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) who can access funding through the Home and Community Care (HACC) Program.
To discuss your eligibility, please call 132 246.
Fees are kept as low as possible. The cost of a group session is typically $10-$15. There may be additional costs associated with outings, such as meals and admission fees.
How can I join?
Please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 if you are 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal people) to register and request a referral to Better Health Network Social Support Groups.
Please contact us directly at 132 246 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are under 65 years old (or 50 years old if you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander).