About Our Mental Health Program
BHN offers a variety of rehabilitation options and support packages. People living with mental illness and psychosocial disabilities can take part in specialised employment programs, creative and recreational group activities, and community integration programs. Consumer participation is an integral part of all program activities at the service, which follows a recovery-oriented model of service.
Our services include:
- Support that is tailored to each individual
- Planning for wellbeing and recovery
- Assessment of your health needs in order to determine the best course of action
- Diverse group programs that promote personal growth and social interaction
- Allied health services and a multidisciplinary team
- Linkages to other services and referrals
- Recovery Practitioner assigned to you from assessment to recovery
- Team of mental health professionals including social workers, occupational therapists, psychologists, and psychiatric nurses
- Providing you with additional support when you’re feeling unwell
- Planning of your care together with family and other service providers to maximise your support
- Providing advocacy and support to navigate the service system
- Support for employment, training, and volunteering
Accessing our Mental Health Program
Individuals aged 16 and older with a psychiatric disability or substantially reduced psychosocial functioning can access BHN Mental Health Programs.
In the Bayside area, BHN’s Mental Program provides services in people’s homes and communities. The program is available during business hours, Monday through Friday.
Mental Health Programs are free of charge.