Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults
Residents living in Aged Care Facilities within the South East Melbourne Region have access to free in-home psychological services through the Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults.
What is the Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults?
This Commonwealth Government Service provides psychological services to people living in residential aged care facilities in the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN).
The Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults provides individual counselling to residents who have mild to moderate mental health concerns, or who may be at risk of developing such concerns.
In order to meet the needs of individuals, the service is designed to be highly flexible in its delivery:
- Counselling sessions provided by allied health professionals on an individual basis.
- Resident group sessions designed to meet their specific needs.
- Support and liaison with family
- Liaison and coordination of care
- Flexible service delivery options (such as videolink, telephone, and in person) to meet individual and residential care facility needs
Eligibility for BHN’s Wellbeing Support Services
The Wellbeing Support Services at BHN are available to people who:
- Are a resident of a residential aged care facility in the South East Melbourne Region (Bayside, Cardinia, Casey, Dandenong, Frankston, Glen Eira, Kingston, Mornington Peninsula, Port Philip and Stonnington)
- Feel at risk of developing mental health concerns or have mild to low mental health concerns
- Counselling or group sessions from an allied health professional would be beneficial for them
Accessing the Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults
GPs, residents, family members and staff of Residential Aged Care facilities can refer residents to the Wellbeing Support Service.
Please complete the Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults Referral Form or contact the referral contact numbers listed below directly to submit a referral.
You can refer directly to SEPHN Mental Health Intake by calling 1800 862 363 during normal business hours.
You can also make a referral by calling BHN at 9684 4281.
Referral by GPs and other primary health and social service providers:
- Download and complete: Wellbeing Support Service for Older Adults Referral Form.
- Referrals can be faxed to SEMPH: 1300 354 053
- You can contact the SEMPHN Mental Health Intake phone (business hours only: 1800 862 363) or the BHN Intake Team (9684 4281) for further assistance.
Visit the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network website for further information.