UpStart is a social inclusion and supported participation program. For adults living with mental health challenges who feel isolated and would like to re-engage with community through volunteering, up-skilling / employment, and social participation.
- Individualised support with a Better Health Network Mental Health Social Worker
- 6-12 month holistic advocacy and capacity building opportunities
- Recovery-orientated care and support planning
- Person-centred social inclusion goal-setting
- Support in accessing community workshops and activities
- Referral links to relevant health and wellbeing support services
For consumers living in the LGA’s of Port Philip, Glen Eira, Kingston and Stonnington
UpStart was established as a partnership between Better Health Network (formally Star Health) and South Port Community Centre to support the equitable participation of consumers living with mental health conditions in capacity-building community engagement. UpStart has collaborative partnerships with local community organisations to support personal recovery goals through
workshops/activities that promote autonomy and self-determination, and develop essential life-skills, including:
- Higher order thinking skills – creativity and innovation, critical thinking, problem solving
- Interpersonal skills – communication, teamwork, conflict management
- Positive mindset skills – resilience, self-awareness, self-confidence, and self-management
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 132 246 (BHN).