Throughout our lives, we all face challenges in our relationships, families, workplaces, and health. You may face these challenges on a regular basis or from time to time. We can deal with difficulties by talking to family and friends, or by trying to manage them ourselves. However, there are times when issues are too much for us to handle on our own, and that is when seeking support from a counsellor can be beneficial.
About Generalist and Family Counselling
We can provide you with a safe and supportive environment to explore your concerns and identify strategies and resources to help you alongside our team of dedicated and highly trained counsellors.
Counselors may specialise in particular approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Trauma Therapy and Mindfulness & A.C.T, and as needed, BHN counsellors can refer clients to other services.
- Short to long term (18 appointments plus) counselling and therapeutic interventions.
- We provide counselling for individuals, couple & family therapy – across all age groups.
- Common issues that bring people to our service include: Relationship difficulties, Child/Adolescents emotional and behavioral related issues, Family conflict, Parenting issues, Separation and divorce, Trauma and abuse, Life transitions, Grief and loss, Challenges at school.
- Group sessions – parenting – adolescents/children, sleep issues etc…
Children, young people, families, and adults can also receive counselling from our specialists. For more information, please visit Family Counselling.
Who is this program for?
- For people who live or work in the City of Stonnington or City of Port Phillip.
- Prioritised for people on low incomes.
- All ages including older children, adolescents, couples, families
Please phone 132 246 (132 BHN) to find out the cost for this service. Lower-cost fees apply for Healthcare and Pension Card holders.
Contact Counselling Team Co-Ordinator or BHN Triage on – 132 246 (132 BHN).
Get in touch with the Intake and Referral Service to learn more about Generalist Counselling or to make a referral.
132 246 (132 BHN)