People can safely withdraw from substances (such as alcohol, prescription medicines or illicit substances) in the setting of their choice with our support.
In addition, clients can choose to see a nurse at any BHN site (St. Kilda, Parkdale, Chelsea, Clarinda, Prahran, Bentleigh or South Melbourne).
Program features include:
- Assessments, recommendations and plans for withdrawal/detox
- Monitoring and support of withdrawals every day
- Medical support during and post-withdrawal from a GP and/or Addiction Medicine Specialist
- Care for withdrawal at home or in a residential setting
- Connection to other services related to alcohol, drugs and general health
- Harm minimisation, education and information
For residents (16+ years of age) of Port Phillip, Stonnington, Glen Eira, Kingston and Bayside with low to moderate substance use. To ensure that a home detox is safe for the individual, suitability is assessed on an individual basis.
You can reach Bayside Alcohol and other Drug Service by calling 1800 229 263 or by emailing BAODS@starhealth.org.au.
Call 1800 906 669 for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex & Queer Alcohol and Drug Services.