The South East Metro Mental Health and Wellbeing Connect is a program of Better Health Network (comprising Star Health, Connect Health & Community and Central Bayside Community Health Services) in partnership with Berry Street and VACCA Org.
The South East Metro Mental Health and Wellbeing Connect will provide focused support to families, carers and supporters of people experiencing mental health and/or substance use challenges; a key recommendation of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System.
- The new Centre will be codesigned by those with lived or living experience as families or carers of people experiencing mental health difficulties so they can relate, understand, and assist people with their issues.
- There are currently more than 60,000 Victorians providing mental health care to loved ones, often going unpaid and without support.
- The Centre will be accessible to people across the South East Metro region.
- The Centre is co-designed and led by people with lived/living experience of being a family member or carer.
- Drop-in sessions have now commenced at our South Melbourne site.
- Full services are expected to commenced by early 2024, including a main centre and additional satellite centres.
Come and drop-in
Drop-in days provide family members, carers, friends and supporters with access to information, peer support, and the opportunity to relax and take a break.
No referral or appointment is needed, you can just drop in when it suits you.
Where: South Melbourne BHN – Tom Hills Room
Address: 341 Coventry Street South Melbourne
When: Monday, Thursday & Friday (9.30am to 4.30pm)
BHN is pleased to continue to offer ongoing phone support on 9066 1500. Phone support is confidential and will be offered by peer staff who have a lived experience of caring for someone living with a mental illness.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org